Leading up to the arrival of the Hermione, there will be a series of events throughout Castine. Beginning in July, music, dance, lectures and arts programs will celebrate our maritime history and French-American friendship. The heaviest concentration of activities will begin on July 11th and continue with the visit of the Hermione on Bastille Day, July 14 until her departure in the early hours on July 16th. Expect educational programs, musical performances, reenactments, culinary delights, Maine made products and a parade of boats welcoming the Hermione.
For Castine accomodations, restaurants, and businesses please click here!
- Five day celebration throughout Castine featuring exhibitions, interactive workshops, storytelling, outdoor film screenings and much more
- Special offers at local restaurants and shops
- Festival on the waterfront celebrating the traditions of Maine (Acadia, English, Franco-American and nautical) and featuring music and dance, local artists, local cuisine, and an artisanal marketplace of statewide vendors featuring Castine merchants and Maine Made products
- Parade of boats accompanying Hermione up Penobscot Bay
- Bastille Day Celebrations including a fireworks display and a soirée of French music, food and dancing at the pier in the shadow of the Hermione
- Ship deck tours of the Hermione
- Opportunities for private receptions on the upper deck of the Hermione
- Lectures by experts in the field of maritime history, climate change and more
- Regimental reenactments at Fort George